It takes a dog lover to understand why we are prepared to invest so much in our dogs. By that we don’t mean just financially, but emotionally and for their well-being. Because we are given so much unconditional love by our dogs, we want to know that whatever the event, they will be perfectly well looked after and you can avoid any unnecessary stress. Here at Friends for Pets we have compiled a list of the five most common times when our services have been called into action:
- Illness – whether it is planned surgery or you have an accident and break your leg, your dog won’t understand the difference, but if they don’t get their usual daily exercise, then they will likely begin to get distressed at being cooped up all day. As we all know, dogs need both mental and physical stimulation or else they get bored. There is a well-known expression and that is ‘a happy dog is a tired dog’, and that is difficult to argue against. Here at Friends for Pets we are just a phonecall away whether it is an emergency, or you want to plan ahead.
- Work commitments – sometimes work demands you attend a conference or meeting at the other end of the country. It makes no sense to upset the dog by putting them in kennels just for one night when they can relax more in familiar surroundings. Here at friends for pets, we can offer you our dog walking service for an evening walk and a morning walk to take the pressure off you. Of course if you don’t like the thought of your dog being alone at night, we can also offer you our boarding services where your dog would stay in the home of one of our dog walkers, not in a cold strange kennel.
- Family occasions – let’s be honest, not everyone loves a dog and if you have a family celebration to attend, sometimes taking the dog with you isn’t on the cards. Instead of causing disharmony among relatives (it doesn’t usually take much for many of us!), why not arrange for one of our dog walkers to pop round and do the daily duties in your absence? Your dog gets to stay in familiar surroundings and you get to go off safe in the knowledge your dog will be well cared for in your absence.
- We all need a holiday sometimes and often we also want guaranteed sun with that holiday. Well that can only mean going abroad and leaving your ‘best friend’ behind. Some we know will opt for kennels, but many of our clients at Friends for Pets opt for one of two options – wither using our dog walking service twice daily until your return, or our home dog boarding service where your dog will stay with one of our dog walkers in their own home. Either way it is a win-win situation for your dog as they avoid the stress of being cooped up in a kennel surrounded by other strange dogs, while your home still keeps the trusty guard dog in situ if so desired!
- Moving home isn’t just stressful for us humans. No. It is also a stressful time for dogs as they can sense that something is changing, but they don’t know what. Some dogs get so stressed that they actually run away, which is not what you need while you are moving. To avoid this situation arising, you can ask us at Friends for Pets if one of our dog walkers could look after your dog in their home while the move takes place. That way there is an element of consistency for the dog and you don’t have to worry about keeping the front door closed all the time while you are trying to load up the removal van.
Of course there are other reasons for needing someone to come and carry out dog walking services, so why not give us a call at Friends for Pets and introduce yourself to one of our dog walkers, so that your dog won’t have to meet a complete stranger if you ever find yourself in need of our services.