- The Bush Inn – Located in St Hilary, Cowbridge, The Bush Inn is a stunning country inn, making it a create central pub for people to meet and warm up by the fire after a long walk with pooches and enjoy some good traditional British pub food. This pub even offers extra such as private dining cabins, vintage pizza caravan and a heated and lit sitting area outside that is covered in pergolas.
2. The Cross Inn – is a traditional country pub serving great home-made food. The Cross Inn also has a dog friendly bar and decking area, real log fires and a warm welcome awaits! If you are looking for homemade countryside pub food, I would recommend a visit!
3. Duke of Wellington – this is a traditional pub, in a great location, in the middle of the high street. This pub has a great atmosphere with different areas to enjoy, such as a snug cosy bar, comfortable dining area, a function room, and a landscaped patio with a range of seating options.
4. The Bear Hotel – is central in Cowbridge, so great for a pit stop for a drink or some food after a lovely walk with your dog around Cowbridge. This is a luxury hotel and serves great food and has beautiful surroundings.
5. The Red Fox Inn – Is a very welcoming pub, to both you and your pooches! This pub always has a great atmosphere. The Red Fox is super cosy and looks so pretty in the evenings when all the outside area is lit up. The food is delicious and is always portioned very generously!
6. Arboreal – is a Café Kitchen Bar, that has an incredible open wood fire, where they cook their delicious meals on. This a great place to relax in a natural environment and great place to take your dog to refuel with some great food!
7. Hare and Hounds – this is the perfect country pub to go to after a long dog walk in the cold! There is an open country fire to sit by to warm up. You can also enjoy warm traditional country pub food, which tastes amazing. I highly recommend a visit here.
8. The Horse and Groom – There is always so much going on here from quiz nights to live music! This place is very spacious inside and has a great area outside for pooches to relax after their walk, whilst you chill out with a drink or 2!
9. The Plough and Harrow – this pub is a great location for lovely rural walks with your dog. So popping in after a long walk makes it all worth it! I always look forward to some great food at the end of a dog walk!
10. Farage Farm Shop and Kitchen – a lovely, secluded café, surrounded by beautiful scenery and many different dog walks to explore. This café serves great fresh produce which you can enjoy in their café or purchase in their farm shop.
For more information about joining our team in Cowbridge please see https://www.friendsforpets.co.uk/dog-walking/cowbridge/